Who Is Lisa Densmore Ballard?
If it's outdoors, Lisa has likely filmed it, photographed it or written about it.
A professional writer since 1991, Lisa's articles have appeared in hundreds of regional and national magazines and websites. She writes extensively about her outdoor experiences and far flung adventures as well as instructional articles and articles on gear, cooking, plants, wildlife, people and conservation initiatives. She currently blogs for NewYorkByRail.com for The Nature Conservancy's Cool Green Science. She has written 11 books including:
- Gasparilla, A Pirate's Tale (Richter Publishing, 2019)
- Ski Faster! Guide to Racing and High Performance Skiing, 2nd Edition (Rocky Fork Media, 2016)
- Hiking the Adirondacks, 2nd Edition (FalconGuides, 2017)
- Best Easy Day Hikes Adirondacks, 2nd Edition (FalconGuides, 2017)
- Backpacker Magazine's Prediction Weathers (Globe Pequot, 2010).
- Hiking the White Mountainss (FalconGuides, 2010)
- Hiking the Green Mountainss (FalconGuides, 2009)
- Best Hikes with Dogs: New Hampshire and Vermonts (The Mountaineers Books, 2005)
- Ski Faster! (McGraw-Hill, 2000)
Lisa's stock photo library contains thousands of photographs from all over the world. Her award-winning images include broad vistas, historic landmarks, intriguing people, vibrant flora, fascinating fauna, and eye-catching abstracts. Recognized year after year by the Outdoor Writers Association of America as one of the top outdoor photographers in the United States, Lisa's photographs have appeared in a multitude of magazines, books and galleries, and on calendars, greeting cards, automobiles, skis, brochures, advertisements and websites... not to mention her own books.
It's skiing that got Lisa outdoors as a kid, and it has been a central part of her life ever since. Lisa has accomplished much as a professional skier: Champion racer, television personality, magazine instruction and fashion editor, product tester and designer, resort consultant, sports model and coach are all part of her long-time involvement in skiing. This winter, you can ski with Lisa at a ski racing camp or a women's ski clinic. You'll also find her competing on the masters circuit and covering the sport for various media outlets. To request Lisa's complete skiing bio, contact Lisa.
FILM/TELEVISION PRODUCER & HOST
A three-time Emmy-winning host and field producer, Lisa spent 20+ years working in television and docu-style film, covering mountain and water sports, outdoor recreational activities, nature, wildlife, adventure and conservation topics. Her television programs have appeared on many networks, including CBS, NBC, PBS, ESPN, A&E, The Weather Channel, The Outdoor Channel and Outside TV. To view samples of her work, click on the links below:
- Documentary Film: Passion for Snow
- Television: Windows to the Wild - Tagging Tuna
- How-To Tip: AudubonGuides.com - Birding Tip #4
- Vlog: AudubonGuides.com - "Urban Whitetails"
- Product Spokesperson: Lowa Renegade GTX Mid